Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fantasy Factor League Draft Analysis, Part Deux

My Individual Draft Analysis:

1. (7) Maurice Jones-Drew - Awesome that I could get him that late in the first round.
2. (14) DeAngelo Williams - For the record, I don't think he'll repeat, but getting the leader in TDs last season in the second round is a good deal.
3. (27) Greg Jennings - A big question mark but he's in his prime with a good QB and he's coming off a great season.
4. (34) Philip Rivers - I needed a QB and he threw lots of TDs last year, but lots of QBs were already gone so I had to make a move.
5. (47) Reggie Bush - I love Bush, but this was a move that would have been much better in my PPR league, rather than in this league. But, I think Bush has a bounce-back year and scores at least 10 TDs this year.
6. (54) Vincent Jackson - With Rivers on my team and without the prospect of another great WR, Jackson was an obvious choice.
7. (67) Anthony Gonzalez - Marvin Harrison is gone and Gonzalez had a decent year last year. He could be great as a 7th rounder.
8. (74) Chris Cooley - I couldn't wait on a TE any longer. He only scored once last season, but as I've mentioned countless times before, TDs are among the most inconsistent things in fantasy, so I expect his scores to increase.
9. (87) LeSean McCoy - Just an inevitable Brian Westbrook injury away from being a super stud.
10. (94) Lance Moore - As a reserve WR, he's a great value as he almost got 1,000 yards last year. If he continues to start and produce, he's a shrewd pickup this late.
11. (107) Donald Brown - I'm collecting rookie RBs because every year at least one has a great season. My bet is that Brown grabs the reigns early and plays well in Manning's offense.
12. (114) Mushin Muhammad - I still wasn't quite satisfied with my receivers and I could see Muhammad having one more 1,000 yard season before he calls it a career. Plus, as a red zone threat, he's a useful fantasy player.
13. (127) Dallas D/ST - I'm not wild about them, but any time you have a DeMarcus Ware rushing opposition QBs, it's good. Plus, they were arguably the best defense remaining.
14. (134) Percy Harvin - The fourteenth round has been kind to me in the past (Willie Parker in '05, Adrian Peterson in '07 and Kurt Warner in '08). Hopefully Harvin will continue that trend as a homerun hitter late in the draft.
15. (147) Nate Washington - Another upside pick. He's a burner and he's starting, plus the Titans appear to want to use him as much as possible.
16. (154) Michael Vick - Just a Donovan McNabb injury away from being a fantasy stud (essentially as a third or fourth RB from the QB spot). Who cares if he's not starting, the last round is SUPPOSED to be about swinging for the fences.
17. (167) Kris Brown - A kicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment