Saturday, August 15, 2009

Before We Begin, A Reality Check

Stop.

Before you continue reading this, think about how much time you're likely to spend on fantasy football this season.

...

Done yet?

I'll wait...

Yeah, if you're like me, it's a LOT of time.
I'm asking because I think that anyone who comes to me for fantasy advice should have a fair warning: Fantasy sports can be addicting. Honestly, I've skipped studying for final exams in college to simply spend a few extra hours coming up with every POSSIBLE combination that I felt could help me win my league.

Guess what?
After more than 6 years in the same league, as a supposed sports "guru," I've still never won my family league. Always in contention, but never coming out on top. It's frustrating, to say the least.
But, this is why I'm giving you this disclaimer.
I've wasted far too much time on fantasy sports, but for me it's probably not such a big deal as it could be for you.
Now, I don't know you, but let's assume you're a normal person with a job, a family and all the commitments that go along with your pursuit of the American Dream.

DO NOT IGNORE YOUR FAMILY FOR FANTASY SPORTS!
DO NOT IGNORE WORK FOR FANTASY SPORTS!


My point is those things are real! They depend on you, you have a responsibility to be there for them. The thing about fantasy sports (even though they feel so important to us), is that fantasy is just that: Fantasy.
Yes, it's something that you should pay attention to, but wait until after the kids have gone to bed, at least. Enjoy the real things in life!

Understood? Good.

Now, the main part of this blog. In upcoming posts, look for football draft day strategy, rankings and once the season begins, I'll answer questions, give game previews, studs, duds and sleepers for each week. I'll try to keep on a regular schedule and post as often as possible. Get ready for some greatness, people. Fantasy football season is almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment